Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Friday, July 01, 2011

Keeping Heads Warm

Hats, hats and more hats!  Great way to use up scraps of yarn! Not really needed right now but they will be come winter.  These hats are destined for the kindergarten children of the Choctaw Nation Head Start program in Oklahoma.  A friend of mine has  been collecting 310 hats each year to send to this program. Here is her blog if you want to follow the progress:  310 Hats


So far, I have made 7 hats to contribute.  Here are pictures of the first 6 hats. It has been fun to see what sort of variations I can come up with!




The knitters from our church are also making hats as well as scarves and mittens to give out this winter as part of our mitten tree project.  I will have to keep knitting so I can contribute to that one too.  Fortunately, hats are a quick project!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home