Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Shop Hop and Baby Surprise Knit Along

The end of April my knitting group and I went on a Shop Hop. There were 6 shops in our area that were hosting with prizes and goodies at each shop. We didn't make it to all of the shops but it was fun to go to some of the shops that I hadn't been to.One of the members of our group had her first grandbaby on the way so was looking for yarn to knit Elizabeth Zimmermann's Baby Surprise Jacket. It is a fun little sweater that is knit all in one piece with shaping for the sleeves. When you are done you fold it up like a piece of origami and sew it together across the top of the shoulder and sleeves. Ingenious little piece of engineering!

I bought some Kramer Perfection, an acrylic/wool blend yarn that is machine washable at the Ames Knittery for my sweater. Hopefully, it will be large enough for my grandbaby to wear this next winter. Here is more information about my project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home